The Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Camp-in-a-Box – Level 1 (BASIC) [ONLINE]
is a 200 Hour Online Home Study Course
200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Breakdown
100 Hours of Yoga Techniques, Training and Practices
25 Hours of Teaching Methodology
20 Hours of Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology
30 Hours of Yoga Philosophy, Ethics, Lifestyle
25 Hours of Practicum
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to take this course.
Within this course, you will receive all the necessary information to teach Hatha Yoga, at a Professional Level, as a Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher!
This course utilizes an Online Dashboard so that all of your course content is in one easy to access place. Within your dashboard, a Syllabus is provided to guide you through each step of your journey, and timely feedback is provided through automatically graded quizzes.
This state-of-the-art platform allows for you to study at your own pace and from any connected device, virtually anywhere you have connection to the internet, at home or on the go!
Through our online dashboard, you are able access your course information, review your coursework, and complete your assignments. The goal of this course is to instruct you on the proper practice of Hatha Yoga, and help you learn to facilitate classes knowledgeably and creatively, while also keeping the safety and security of your students as the top priority. You will develop an understanding of Hatha Yoga practices and methodology, as well as understand how to create Lesson Plans and facilitate them.
This course covers 100+ postures and comes with 10 1/2 hours of videos, over 200 photos, and audio clips to help make this course interactive and easy to understand.
You will learn about the asanas, assisting, and alignment. You will also cover the non-physical side of Yoga through studying Yogic Philosophy, along with the yamas, niyamas, chakras, bandhas, mudras, relaxation techniques, meditation, and Yoga teacher ethics. Additionally, you will develop an understanding of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology and helping students with limited range of motion.
As a bonus, you will discover the secrets of Yoga Business Development and networking skills that every Yoga teacher should have.
- History of Hatha Yoga understand the ancient roots of Yoga while discovering the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Eight Limbs of Yoga, along with The Hatha Pradipika, The Vedas, The Upanishads, and The Bhagavad Gitaand.
- Modern Hatha Yoga and Hatha Yoga styles learn how Yoga has evolved over time and understand how the different Contemporary Hatha Yoga styles came to be. Ananda, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Bikram/Hot Yoga, Integral Yoga, Krishnamacharaya, Kundalini, Power Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, and more are discussed.
- Yogic Philosophy & Subtle Energy discover the koshas, prana, nadis, the chakras, bandhas, and gunas and how they relate to your Yoga practice.
- Yoga Teaching Basics: Classroom Environment, Etiquette, and Props there are many ways to set up your space and create a compassionate and understanding atmosphere in your classes. Here we discuss how to create that atmosphere of self transformation and healing while keeping the safety of your students in mind.
- Yoga Teaching Basics: Techniques and Tools in the Classroom here we discuss teacher qualities, ethics, student learning styles, and more. From discovering your own teaching style and voice, to the proper way to assist students, to how each student learns differently, you will develop a confidence in yourself and your practice that cannot be missed.
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology in order to understand the asanas true benefits, you must first understand your body and how it differs from others. This section breaks down the bodies systems in a fundamental and easy to understand manner while also providing illustrations. This section is covered so that you will be able to quickly understand this topic and its practical application in your Yoga classes.
- Learning the Asanas, Assisting, and Alignment it’s important not only to learn the asana names, but how to safely and effectively instruct your students. This section covers 100+ postures and provides both the English and Sanskrit names. We also explore the keys to alignment, how to safely practice each asana, and what the primary risks for each posture. Videos on assisting and alignment are also provided as visual aides.
- Teaching Pranayama and the Anatomy of Breathing understanding the ancient technique of Pranayama is essential to your practice. Here we discuss the origins of Pranayama, prana, and the anatomy of the breath, along with several breathing techniques, creating a well-rounded discussion.
- Teaching Meditation meditation is an important part of your Yoga practice. Learn meditation techniques, its benefits, how to create the proper atmosphere for your students, and how to guide them through a meditation session.
- Sequencing, Planning Classes, and Specialized Teaching the focus in this section is to help you become a great Yoga Instructor. Being able to sequence your own classes with ease is an important part of that. We guide you through this process so that it becomes second nature, as well as provide you with multiple example lesson plans to reference. We also discuss what to do when working with students that need specialized attention.
- [Bonus] The Yoga Profession and Business Secrets from being able to market yourself as a Professional Yoga Teacher, to creating your own website and opening your own studio, this section teaches you the essentials you need to know, no matter what direction you are looking to take. It also provides and overview of the Yoga industry.
Support For This Course
- Unlimited e-Mail & Phone support: No matter which of our courses you purchase, support is never an issue or an additional cost to you.
- Free Exam Grading and Delivery of Your Certificate: Aura does not charge any additional fee to grade your final exams. (Aura Wellness Center’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificates are signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500)
TEACHING YOGA: Essential Foundations and Techniques by: Mark Stephens.
Two Special Bonuses (Valued at $49.92):
AT NO EXTRA CHARGE, you willl receive the two following bonuses:
1. To round out your business knowledge, the 47 minute video “Yoga Business Secrets” is included. This information is valuable to a Yoga Teacher whether you decide to become a independent contractor or a studio owner.
2. “Yoga Business Secrets,” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, is an e-Book packed with information based upon conversations with hundreds of Yoga teachers. Just one constructive idea from this e-book may earn, or save, your Yoga teaching service thousands of dollars. This book will give you hundreds of ideas to put into practice.
Benefits of an Aura Wellness Center Yoga Teacher Certification:
- Aura Wellness Center is an accredited school, with 20 years in the Yoga industry.
- Stress Free: Take the course at your own pace and on your schedule.
- Aura Wellness Center offers the most comprehensive full distance learning Yoga Teacher Training Courses in the world.
- Lifetime Access to your Student Dashboard and course materials.
- Internationally Recognized.
- Join thousands of Yoga Teachers Certified through Aura Wellness Center.
- With our certification, you will be eligible for personal liability insurance.
- Teach as a Professional and Certified Yoga Teacher exceeding the benchmark standard 200 Hours of training. (This is very important when seeking employment or applying for insurance, especially if you open your own training center.)
- Business Success skills to run your own yoga business or seek employment in Heath Clubs, Fitness Centers, Senior Centers, Yoga Studios, Private lessons, and much more!
- Enjoy and enhance a better, healthier lifestyle.
How Does This All Work?
When you purchase your course, you will receive a license key that allows you to register in our Student Dashboard at https://my.aurawellnesscenter.com. From there, you will be able to access your syllabus and course curriculum.
Your lead instructor throughout the duration of this course will be Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500. Should you have any questions, there is an experienced Yoga teacher, on staff, who is ready to offer assistance. You are never on your own, if you do not want to be; support is a phone call or email away.
Upon completion of the course and exams, please submit them online. Within a few weeks, your exams will be graded, and you will be notified by email.
The average student completes this course in only 2 months or less!
Shortly after that, your Certificate, with the official Aura Wellness Center logo, signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, on ivory parchment paper will be mailed to you. You will also receive a letter of recommendation on Aura Wellness Center official letterhead (watermarked professional business paper) from Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500. This can be used to present during a job interview or to a present employer.
In summary, you have a complete 200-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program, continuing education materials, dashboard, and resources that you will refer back to, as you continue your Yoga Teaching Career; plus enough business tools to launch a successful Yoga Business.
Flexible Payment Plans Available:
Click here for more details
For Wellness Centers, Health Clubs, Yoga Schools, and Groups of 2 or more.
Are you and a friend looking to purchase the same course together; or a school, gym, wellness facility, etc. looking to certify multiple (2 or More) teachers? Please contact us about volume discounts on orders of the same course.
Aura’s Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Camp-in-a-Box is available in the following options: