Yin Yoga Teacher Training Camp-in-a-Box – Levels 1, 2, & 3 (PLATINUM) is a 1000 Hour Home Study Course.
By popular demand, the most comprehensive course of its kind has been assembled, designed, and written. Your Level III Platinum Course is packed with the best resources of our time. Pranayama, Mudras, Chakras, Philosophy, Asana Contraindications, Anatomy, and Subtle Anatomy are all completely covered. This course is unique in that it also covers the therapeutic benefits of Yoga, in-depth, equiping the teacher with knowlege beyond that of a Level II teacher. Within this course, you will receive the necessary materials to teach Yoga at a Professional Level as a Certified Yoga Teacher!
Level I: 300 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Breakdown:
- 125 Hours of Yoga Techniques, Training and Practices
- 40 Hours of Teaching Methodology
- 50 Hours of Anatomy and Physiology
- 45 Hours of Yoga Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle
- 10 Hours of Sanskrit
- 30 Hours of Practicum
Level II: 400 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Breakdown:
- 60 Hours of Yoga Techniques, Training and Practices
- 110 Hours of Teaching Methodology
- 40 Hours of Anatomy and Physiology
- 160 Hours of Yoga Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle
- 30 Hours of Practicum
Level III: 300 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Breakdown:
- 100 Hours of Yoga Techniques, Training and Practices
- 75 Hours of Teaching Methodology
- 30 Hours of Anatomy and Physiology
- 45 Hours of Yoga Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle
- 50 Hours of Practicum
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to take this course.
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga – 2nd Edition (350 pages) is an in-depth look at the practice and benefits of Yin Yoga. All forms of yoga can provide benefits physically, emotionally, and mentally and Yin Yoga is similar. However Yin Yoga works the deeper levels of the body/heart/mind: the connective tissues of the ligaments, fascia, joints and bones and the energetic channels of the meridians, nerves and blood system. One big difference noticed by students of Yin Yoga is the long held, passive nature of the posture, which gives time for a deeper journey to unfold, a journey into the meditative aspects of yoga, a bridge to living life mindfully.
Inside The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga readers will find complete information on how to do the practice, including a deep look inside over 30 Yin Yoga asanas showing the benefit of the pose, how to get into and out of the pose, contraindications and warnings for those who may have trouble with particular aspects of the posture and other important information. Classes, or flows, are also provided that target specific areas of the body such as the hips, the lower back, the legs and the upper body as well as flows that help stimulate particular organs and energy centers. As important as how to practice Yin Yoga, are the benefits: the reader will find lots of information about why anyone would want to practice Yin Yoga. The benefits are explored in three main sections: the physiological benefits, the energetic benefits and the mental/emotional benefits. Within each section the philosophies of the East (India and China) are contrasted with the current science in the West.
The second edition includes―a more functional approach to the practice of yoga, emphasizing the concept of targeted areas; the importance of stress in reducing fragility and building anti-fragility; understanding the nature of creep and the importance of counter poses, with a revised list of effective counter postures; many new photographs of the postures and their variations for different body types; a more current overview of the physiology of tissues and the energy body reflecting new understanding in the science of fascia and cellular signaling; and many other enhancements.
- Yin Yoga (Book) – An Individualized Approach to Balance, Health and Whole Self Well-Being by Ulrica Norberg, this book is 118 pages and provides photographs and clear descriptions that highlight proper alignment for safe and effective practice. It describes how to adapt yogic principles in modern life and learn how to develop your own individualized yin yoga practice. Complete with yin yoga flows that move slowly and mindfully, gently allowing tendons, fascia, and ligaments to stretch as circulation improves and the mind becomes calm visualization technique.
*This book is out of print, and no longer available through Aura Wellness Center. It can still be purchased through many sites such as Amazon.com as an e-book.
- Cool Yoga Tricks Book by Miriam Austin, this book covers prop use and how working with a partner can enhance your Yoga practice. Through colorful illustrations, Austin provides clear explanations and demonstrates how to make poses easier or more challenging while keeping safety in mind.
- The Language of Yoga Book by Nicolai Bachman, a comprehensive Sanskrit course with two interative audio CDs that help you with pronunciation. “The Language of Yoga,” includes more than 200 Asanas with illustrated Yoga postures and 300 Sanskrit definitions.
- Yoga Adjustments: Philosophy, Principles, and Techniques Book by Mark Stephens, this book introduces the philosophy of yoga practice, the art and practice of assisting students, the seven principles of hands-on yoga teaching, and the twenty-five most effective methods of tactile cueing. It also includes over 850 unique instructional photos and explanatory captions, demonstrating precise ways of guiding a variety of flowing sequences. It starts with the foundations, moves to application, and finishes with thoughts on the evolution of Yoga.
- Anatomy of Yoga Book by Dr. Abigail Ellsworth is an expert guide that provides a visual aid that clearly illustrates the benefits of each exercise. With full-color photographs, opposite a detailed and annotated anatomical drawing that identifies the active and stabilizing muscles being used, you can identify affected muscles and maximize the benefits of each pose. You can also use this resource to design personalized yoga routines that focuses on specific problem areas.
- The Yin Yoga Kit (131 page book, 75-minute DVD and 15 cards) In The Yin Yoga Kit, Biff Mithoefer presents poses used in Yin Yoga and explains each posture’s benefits, including which chakras and meridians will be most positively affected. The individual posture cards included illustrate the poses, provide advanced and modified variations, and assist users in designing a personalized practice sequence. The 75-minute CD contains a sample-guided routine narrated by the author, with each pose presented on a separate track so listeners can rearrange them or shorten the routine as needed.
- Chakra Balancing Kit, this is a best-selling Chakra Balancing Kit by Anodea Judith that includes:
• An in-depth 102-page illustrated workbook
• Two audio CD’s (2 hours, 30 minutes) with 7-guided meditations
• Seven beautifully-designed Chakra cards
*This Kit will give you an incredible amount of easy-to-understand information about the Chakras, and the knowledge to create Chakra flows, as part of your class curriculum.
- Meditation For Beginners and Yogic Relaxation DVD/CD Set by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500 is a 1 Hour 23 Minute DVD and 53 Minute CD that will show you how to teach yourself, and others, to meditate and relax the mind. After regular practice with this set, you will also develop your own cueing techniques when guiding friends, family, and your students through a relaxation sequence or meditation.
- Anatomy for Yoga DVD with Paul Grilley is an ideal companion to any Yoga teacher training program. With nearly 4 Hours of instructional material, this DVD covers key concepts of compression, tension, proportion and orientation and will help you to understand and manage Yoga safety issues effectively in your own classroom.
- Yin Yoga DVD Set The First and Most Essential Yin Yoga DVD!
The materials on these DVDs will provide you with everything you need add Yin Yoga to your life. In addition to carefully planned classes that lead you through the practice, Paul Grilley presents an in-depth lecture on the theory and purpose of Yin Yoga that brilliantly establishes the benefits of this practice for a healthy and balanced life. It is our wish that you find this balance in your own life through these wonderful practices.
This 2-disc set contains over 5 1/2 hours of material, including:
- 108 minutes of theory lecture
- 2 fully guided Yin practice sequences of over 60 minutes each
- 1 fully guided Yin & Yang practice sequence of 60 minutes
- 3 specially choreographed Yang sequences
- 8 voice-only guided Yin sequences of adjustable length
- Customizable playback of the Yin and Yang practices to create new sequences
The Yin and Yang of Yoga: a Taoist Perspective The fundamental insight of the ancient Taoists (Chinese Yogis) is that on one level of awareness there are always opposites called Yin and Yang, but on a higher level of awareness these opposites are united in a single purpose called “Tao.”
When we are ambitious and energetic, the life force flows through our muscles, the Yang layer of the body. This is the essential attitude of Yang, the creative force without which there would never be anything new. When we are peaceful and contented, the life force flows through our skeletal system, the Yin layer of the body. This is the essential attitude of Yin, the quiet insight without which there would never be peace of mind. The Tao of health is to embrace, nourish and cultivate both of these essential layers of the body. Only by doing this do we find true balance.
A Taoist analysis of Yoga practice emphasizes the critical difference between Yin and Yang tissues of the body. Muscles and blood are Yang, connective tissues and joints are Yin. Yin and Yang tissues do not respond to training in the same way and a student’s practice becomes more effective when the difference is understood.
Balancing Yin and Yang Most forms of Yoga practiced today are Yang—they emphasize muscular movement and contraction. By contrast Yin Yoga targets the connective tissue of the hips, pelvis and lower spine. Connective tissue responds best to gentle stress over a long period of time, so Yin postures are held for longer periods. This type of practice complements the more muscular styles of Yoga and is a great aid for learning to sit in meditation.
Many people find that a Yin Yoga practice has transformative effects on body and mind. The gentle but consistent stimulation to the connective tissues encourages long-term health and flexibility of the joints, recharges the energetic system of the body and naturally draws the mind inward into a relaxed, meditative state.
- Yin Yoga DVD with Kim Eng (146 minutes)Meditative Movements and Postures to Cultivate the Energy of “Allowing”
Most of our lives are directed by the energy of doing—known as yang in the Taoist tradition. To bring life into balance, we need to cultivate its opposite, yin, the energy of “allowing.” Now Kim Eng offers a powerful program of conscious movement to help us balance these forces and accept each moment just as it is. Join her on Presence Through Movement: Yin Yoga to learn postures and practices that take you into this state of presence.
Set in a serene garden, this video begins with gentle instruction on a variety of meditative poses including the Long-Legged Butterfly, Sleeping Swan, and Dragon. By inviting us to hold these postures and sink deeply into the inner body, Kim enables us to discover our “comfortable edge”—a process that can release deeply held traumas and bring about true stillness. Complete with both long and short practices inspired by Kim’s own awakening process as well as a variety of other traditions, this program helps us “be the space”—by allowing, accepting, and opening to whatever arises.
“By learning to move—and hold—our body with intention, we can begin to balance our inner and outer worlds,” teaches Kim. Suitable for both beginners and advanced practitioners, Presence Through Movement: Yin Yoga is a portal to the beauty and serenity of the Now.
- Yoga Business Secrets DVD [Bonus] by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, is 47 Minutes of Yoga Business Success Material to round out your business knowledge and help you fly by the learning curve and put your own Yoga business on the fast track to success. This information is valuable to a Yoga Teacher whether you decide to become a independent contractor or a studio owner.
- Yoga Marketing 101 DVD [Bonus] by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, is 98 Minutes of Yoga Business Marketing Material that gives you enough marketing strategies to earn $50,000 to $100,000 per year. It’s unfortunate that many excellent Yoga Teachers and Yoga Masters don’t know how to market their Yoga studios. Instead of a happy and rewarding Yoga lifestyle, they scratch out an existence. You don’t have to!
- Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health Book by B.K.S. Iyengar, covers the complete teachings of BKS Iyengar for mind, body, and health, and is suitable for every level of yoga ability, age, and physical condition. It provides many different sequences and demonstrates prop use along with assisting and alignment.
- Yoga Anatomy Book by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, this book contains Step-by-Step instructions on achieving correct form and alignment in each pose. With colorful photos and illustrations of all asanas covered, this book covers how specific muscles respond to the movements of the joints, how altering a pose can enhance or reduce its effectiveness and how the spine, breathing, and body position are all fundamentally linked.
- Light on Prãnãyãma: The Yogic Art of Breathing Book by B.K.S. Iyengar, this book covers the techniques of breathing while also providing a comprehensive background of yogic philosophy.
- Healing Mudras: Yoga for Your Hands by Sabrina Mesko Ph.D.H, this book covers one of the oldest esoteric arts for strengthening your body, clarifying your thoughts, and deepening your meditations. It covers the history of Mudras as well as specific Mudras, eye movements, breathing exercises, visualizations, mantras, meditations, and affirmations. This is all taught step-by-step, to calm your mind and enhance concentration, eliminate fatigue, enhance longevity, and recharge your energy.
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Book by Sri Swami Satchidananda, this book presents the Sutras in its original Sanskrit and with translation, transliteration, and commentary by Sri Swami Satchidananda, one of the most respected and revered contemporary Yoga masters. Practical advice based on the authors own experience for mastering the mind and achieving physical, mental, and emotional harmony is also provided.
- The Yoga Sutras: An Essential Guide to the Heart of Yoga Philosophy Audiobook CD set by Nicolai Bachman, this CD set invites you to immerse yourself in Patanjali’s Sutras. It inludes:
- Six sessions, full of insights, to further your learning about Yoga’s essential principles.
- Guided readings, on CDs, of the complete Sutras, with pronunciation instructions for following along.
- Key concepts for understanding the historical context of the Sutras along with teachings on humility, awareness, the nature of suffering, nonviolence, the meaning of liberation, and much more
By immersing yourself in Patanjali’s Sutras, the heart of Yoga and what Yoga means for you, personally will unveil itself in new and profound ways.
Whether you are a seasoned Yoga teacher, or a student looking to go deeper with your practice, this essential course offers a treasury of teachings to help realize the “outer joy and inner happiness” of Yoga.
Students of Yoga, Certified Yoga Teachers, and Registered Yoga Teachers, can expect to gain specific spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional health knowledge, which was originally written by Maharishi Patanjali.
If you have already discovered the physical benefits of Yoga, you realize Yoga has many more health benefits to offer you – beyond your physical health. Yoga philosophy, and practice, covers many of the solutions to the ailments of mankind.
Do you wish for a fountain of knowledge to help with today’s stress? Consider the benefits of stress management, anger management, self-realization, positive thinking, and happiness. All of these subjects are covered in Maharishi Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- Chakra Theory and Meditation DVD by Paul Grilley has over 5 Hours of Chakra Theory and Meditation Information. It is an extraordinary presentation on the chakras and the yogic path of the spirit.
- Introduction to Universal Yoga DVD by Andrew Lappa, this DVD contains 4 hours of information, featuring two hours of edited lectures on the theory of Universal Yoga as well as an additional 2-hour practice that includes asanas, pranayama, yamas and meditation.
- Yoga Shakti (2 DVD Set) with Shiva Rea, these discs contain over 4-hours of classes and are broken into 4 Segments: Basic Flow, Solar Flow 1, Solar Flow 2, and Lunar Flow to assist you in creating your own classes.
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success CD by Deepak Chopra covers yogic philosophy through his explanation of the 7 laws.
- Healing Mind 2.0 Music CD provides about 1-hour of relaxing music.
- Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic Prescription for Health and Healing by Timothy McCall, this book is an indispensable guide for those whose practice and teach Yoga. It begins with an overview of the history and science of yoga, what yoga does and how to benefit from it though providing illustrations and detailed instructions on different techniques. You will find information on postures, breathing techniques, and meditation, for both prevention and healing of illness, master the art of becoming more in tune with your body, and adopt therapeutic yoga practices that are geared to your fitness level, and your health status, as well as that of your students, so you can practice Yoga safely. You will also find how experts have applied the wisdom of this ancient holistic practice to twenty different conditions, ranging from arthritis to chronic fatigue, depression, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, infertility, insomnia, multiple sclerosis, and obesity.
- Yoga Therapy: A Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Yoga and Ayurveda for Health and Fitness by A.G. Mohan and Indra Mohan, this book is an essential guide for yoga teachers, advanced practitioners, and anyone who wants to make therapeutic use of yoga. It covers postures, breathing techniques, and basic Ayurvedic principles for a variety of common health problems including asthma, back pain, constipation, hip pain, knee pain, menstrual problems, and scoliosis. It also describes in detail how yoga teachers can put together appropriate yoga sequences and breathing techniques for their students, how to correctly move into, hold, and move out of poses, and how to breathe during practice to achieve specific results. Through these methods, you will learn to customize a yoga practice by creating sequences of yoga poses for a particular person.
- Structural Yoga Therapy: Adapting to the Individual by Mukunda Stiles, this book was written for teachers and serious practitioners who want to use yoga to bring complete balance to the body. It starts with a comprehensive overview of the spiritual philosophy of yoga and its many branches. It then moves into anatomy and kinesiology and how specific muscles and bones react during movement so that you can understand how each asana affects your body. Through a series of 24 asanas, you will discover “body-reading” to determine what posture reveals about muscular imbalances, and find out about joint mobility and muscle strength, to learn how to work with a series of joint-freeing exercises to strengthen muscles. Lastly, it covers how to create personalized programs to optimize health and healing.
- Yoga for Wellness: Healing with the Timeless Teachings of Viniyoga by Gary Kraftsow, this book is for Yoga teachers and practitioners at all levels. It covers how yoga is not only a great, low-impact way to increase flexibility and reduce stress, it is also useful in healing any number of afflictions, from common aches and pains to chronic diseases and emotional setbacks. This easy to follow guide walks you through discovering the physical as well as the spiritual components of healing through yoga. It begins with a general introduction, and then includes case studies and specific yoga sequences designed to address individual ailments. Each step of each posture in a sequence is also clearly illustrated.
- Yoga RX: A Step-by-Step Program to Promote Health, Wellness, and Healing for Common Ailments by Larry Payne, this book is out of print and no longer available through Aura Wellness Center. It can still be purchased through many sites such as Amazon.com as an e-book.
- Viniyoga Therapy for the Upper Back, Neck, and Shoulders DVD by Gary Kraftsow and Viniyoga Therapy for the Lower Back, Sacrum, and Hips DVD by Gary Kraftsow, these two DVDs have five hours of lectures and demonstrations, about Yoga therapy for the neck, shoulders, upper back, lower back, sacrum, and hips. Many of the Yoga therapy techniques, discussed in the DVDs, are for pain management, in areas of the body where many people commonly experience chronic pain.
Highlights of the two DVDs include:
Presentation on Understanding Lower Back Pain and the Application of Yoga Therapy:
- Technique Workshop on how to safely perform postures and movements
- Focused practice for Low Back and Sacrum Therapy (23 minutes)
- Focused practice for Hip Therapy (30 minutes)
- Integrated practice for sustained low back Strength and Stability (31 minutes)
Presentation on Understanding Upper Back Pain and the Application of Yoga Therapy:
- Technique Workshop on how to safely perform postures and movements
- Focused practice for Upper Back and Neck Therapy (22 minutes)
- Focused practice for Neck and Shoulder Therapy (32 minutes)
- Integrated practice for sustained upper back Strength and Stability (40 minutes)
- English Subtitle option for all material
- Bonus MP3s of all practices, for audio-only classes, at home or on the go
Also Included With Your Course:
- Course Syllabus (For Each Level): Provides a breakdown of course objectives and structure. Information on how to complete assignments which includes exams, essays related to course topics, practical exams (One for each level) and assisting and alignment practical exam, are also included.
- Teacher Training Tips Manual includes foundational information along with tips on creating your practical exam, cueing skills, and safety issues.
- Foundations of Yin Yoga Exam
- Anatomy and Physiology Exam
- Modifications and Props Exam
- The Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga Foundational Exam
- Yoga for Health and Wellness Exam
- Unlimited e-Mail & Phone support: No matter which of our courses you purchase, support is never an issue or an additional cost to you.
- Free Exam Grading and Delivery of Your Certificate: Aura does not charge any additional fee to grade your final exams. (Aura Wellness Center’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificates are signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500)
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee (No Re-stocking or Processing Fees)
Plus, SIX Additional Special Bonuses (Valued at $266.85):
AT NO EXTRA CHARGE, you will receive all six of the following bonuses:
- [Bonus] “How to Grow Your Own Successful Yoga Business” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500 in PDF (e-Book) format. This is our Yoga business starter manual and is a comprehensive resource, valued at $147, that contains all the vital information you need to start, run, and grow your own profitable Yoga business.
- [Bonus] “Aura Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Manual” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500 in PDF (e-Book) format. Our highly rated, 105-page, Yoga teacher study guide, will give you an overview of the program, including valuable Yoga teacher tips, useful Sanskrit terms, an ethics agreement, and an independent research section. Your Yoga Teacher Study Guide also contains useful information about Chakras, Mudras, and Bandhas.
- [Platinum Bonus] “So You Want to Teach Yoga” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, in PDF (e-Book) format. This e-Book exposes the secrets behind teaching Yoga. Learn how to protect your teaching practice, the most common student corrections, how to get into the corporate market place, assisting tips, how to retain students longer, and much more.
- [Platinum Bonus] “Yoga Business Secrets” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, in PDF (e-Book) format. This e-Book is packed with information based upon conversations with hundreds of Yoga teachers. Just one constructive idea from this e-book may earn, or save, your Yoga teaching service thousands of dollars. This book will give you hundreds of ideas to put into practice.
- [Platinum Bonus] “Sure Fire Yoga Marketing Secrets” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, in PDF (e-Book) format. This 60-page e-Book can be used as a work book to help you develop your Yoga teaching practice. Learn how to grow your local enrollment and how to develop niches within your Yoga teacher services.
- [Platinum Bonus] “A Holistic Approach to Prosperity” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, in PDF (e-Book) format. Discover how to develop a plan for personal success with this 24-page e-Book that discusses methods for reaching your objectives and avoiding common pitfalls.
Benefits of an Aura Wellness Center Yoga Teacher Certification:
- Aura Wellness Center is an accredited school, with 20 years in the Yoga industry.
- Stress Free: Take the course at your own pace and on your schedule.
- Aura Wellness Center offers the most comprehensive full distance learning Yoga Teacher Training Courses in the world.
- Internationally Recognized.
- Join thousands of Yoga Teachers Certified through Aura Wellness Center.
- With our certification, you will be eligible for personal liability insurance.
- Aura stands behind its 30 Day Guarantee with No re-stocking or processing fees.
- Teach as a Professional and Certified Yoga Teacher exceeding the benchmark standard 200 Hours of training. (This is very important when seeking employment or applying for insurance, especially if you open your own training center.)
- Business Success skills to run your own yoga business or seek employment in Heath Clubs, Fitness Centers, Senior Centers, Yoga Studios, Private lessons, and much more!
- Enjoy and enhance a better, healthier lifestyle.
How Does This All Work?
You will receive all of the course materials shown in the picture, as well as a course syllabus and exams for each level. The course syllabus for each level can be adjusted to complete this course at a pace that is comfortable for you, however, the average student completes each level of this course in only 3 months or less!
Your tutor throughout the duration of this course will be Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500. Should you have any questions, there is an experienced Yoga teacher, on staff, who is ready to offer assistance. You are never on your own, if you do not want to be; support is a phone call or email away.
This course is designed so that once your exams for the Level 1 portion of your course have been completed, you can submit them, either by the internet or via regular mail. This allows you to receive feedback and your Level 1 certification before submitting your exams for the Level 2 portion of your course. Once you have completed the Level 2 portion and received your feedback and certification, you would then move on to complete the Level 3 portion of your course. This also means that you can start teaching with your Level 1 certification while completing the Level 2 portion, and then the Level 3 portion, of your course.
Once your exams are submitted (for each level), within a few weeks your exams will be graded, and you will be notified by email.
Shortly after that, your Certificate, with the official Aura Wellness Center logo, signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, on ivory parchment paper will be mailed to you. You will also receive a letter of recommendation from Aura Wellness Center on official letterhead (watermarked professional business paper). This can be used to present during a job interview or to a present employer.
In summary, you have a complete 1000-hour Level 3 Yoga Teacher Training Program, continuing education materials, and resources that you will refer back to, as you continue your Yoga Teaching Career; plus enough business tools to launch a successful Yoga Business.
Flexible Payment Plans Available:
Click here for more details
For Wellness Centers, Health Clubs, Yoga Schools, and Groups of 2 or more.
Are you and a friend looking to purchase the same course together; or a school, gym, wellness facility, etc. looking to certify multiple (2 or More) teachers? Please contact us about volume discounts on orders of the same course.