Aura’s Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Course is a 100 Hour, Home Study Course.
100 Hour Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training Breakdown:
- 15 Hours of General Background on Prenatal and Postnatal Techniques
- 25 Hours of Training and Practicing Techniques
- 20 Hours of Methodology
- 20 Hours of Independent Research
- 10 Hours of Prenatal Yoga Philosophy
- 10 Hours of Electives
Pre-requisites for enrolling in Aura’s Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Course:
- Must be 18 years of age, or older.
- Must be at least a Level 1, Certified Yoga Teacher (CYT), with at least 200 hours of training. A valid copy of your Yoga Teacher Certificate must be sent in along with your exams. Teaching Yoga to students who are pregnant, is a specialist skill, requiring specialist knowledge.
*For Registered Yoga Teachers: This Prenatal Yoga Teacher Certification Course requires 100 hours of study. This would give RYTs 20 non-contact hours toward the three year continuing education requirement. As a result, this would meet the Yoga Alliance’s non-contact hour CEU requirements over a three year period. The remaining 10-hours are required to be contact (in-person) hours.
Aura Wellness Center’s Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Course contains three books, with 610 pages of information, which is crucial to teaching pregnant students.
Within your three prenatal and postnatal Yoga texts, you will learn classic Yoga postures (asanas), which are modified for each trimester of pregnancy. There are step-by-step “how to” photos included, and a special section of Yoga and relaxation techniques that can be practiced with mother and baby, before and after birth.
You will discover Pranayama (Yogic breathing techniques), which may change during the course of pregnancy. Pranayama techniques have specific roles during pregnancy and labor. Some of the relaxing Pranayama techniques can be practiced anywhere and at any time.
The mental, physical, and emotional benefits of Yoga practice become obvious as you continue to learn how to work with expectant mothers, and new mothers, after birth. There is a section of unique mantras, one for each month of pregnancy and throughout baby’s first year.
Learn from 3 DVDs containing 6 hours and 45 minutes of information. These DVDs bring everything you learn from the books to life. Below is a sample of what you can expect to learn from the DVDs in your course.
- Easy-to-follow techniques of Prenatal Yoga.
- Levels of modification appropriate for each trimester.
- How mothers can cultivate energy to enjoy their pregnancy.
- How to ease the discomforts of pregnancy, such as moodiness, shortness of breath, swollen ankles, nausea, indigestion, and insomnia; and help you prepare for the rigors and mysteries of labor.
- How to modify Asanas by using props, such as: A chair, pillows, a blanket, a Yoga mat, blocks, a Yoga strap, or sofa cushions.
- Three simple breathing techniques to calm your nervous system.
- Learn breathing exercises to help you manage contractions-plus meditation techniques to help you relax and concentrate during delivery.
- Guided meditation to help foster inner focus and awareness.
- Simple Yoga techniques to encourage a peaceful mind and body during delivery.
- A gentle practice to help mothers regain strength and flexibility 6 weeks after delivery.
- Learn a gentle flowing practice to build strength and stamina for the demands of labor and alleviate the discomforts caused by a mother’s ever-changing body.
- Learn over 8 routines for each trimester, breathing, and pelvic floor exercises, to prepare for delivery, and specially designed routines that may help with fertility issues.
- Discover Yoga routines for Morning Sickness, Lower Back Pain, Rejuvenation, Relaxation, Digestive Issues, and Preparing for Labor. Special Fertility section included.
Also included in this course:
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Unlimited e-Mail & Phone support: No matter which of our courses you purchase, support is never an issue or an additional cost to you.
- Aura Wellness Center’s Yoga Teacher Exam
- Information included on creating a three page essay on a topic of Prenatal/ Postnatal Yoga and Health or your own personal experiences in Yoga and its relation to health.
- Practical Exam
- Free Exam Grading and Delivery of Your Diploma: Aura does not charge any additional fee to grade your final exams. (Aura Wellness Center’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificates are signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500)
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Benefits of an Aura Wellness Center Yoga Teacher Certification:
- Aura Wellness Center is an accredited school, with 20 years in the Yoga industry.
- Stress Free: Take the course at your own pace and on your schedule.
- Aura Wellness Center offers the most comprehensive full distance learning Yoga Teacher Training Courses in the world.
- Internationally Recognized.
- Join thousands of Yoga Teachers Certified through Aura Wellness Center.
- With our certification, you will be eligible for personal liability insurance.
- Aura stands behind its 30 Day Guarantee with No re-stocking or processing fees.
- Teach as a Professional and Certified Yoga Teacher.
- Enjoy and enhance a better, healthier lifestyle.
Click here for more details
For Wellness Centers, Health Clubs, Yoga Schools, and Groups of 2 or more.
Are you and a friend looking to purchase the same course together; or a school, gym, wellness facility, etc. looking to certify multiple (2 or More) teachers? Please contact us about volume discounts on orders of the same course.