Kids Yoga Teacher Training Camp-in-a-Box – Level 1 is a 300 Hour, Level 1 Home Study Course.
300 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Training Breakdown:
- 100 Hours of Kids Yoga Techniques
- 30 Hours of Kids Methodology
- 25 Hours of Kids and All Ages Anatomy and Kinesiology
- 50 Hours of Kids Yogic Philosophy
- 40 Hours of Teaching Special Groups
- 10 Hours of Kids Meditation Techniques
Within this course, you will receive all the necessary materials to teach Kids Yoga, at a Professional Level, as a Certified Kids Yoga Teacher!
Teaching Yoga to children has many rewards – such as, giving children the life skills necessary to cope in a more hectic world. Children, in the present time, are exposed to much more pressure than we were.
Now, you can specialize in this exciting field – teaching children the healthy benefits of Yoga practice. At a time when physical education is being cut back in many schools, Kids Yoga is really needed and in demand.
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to take this course.
Here are just a few of the many benefits and skills children will receive from your Yoga classes:
• Learn life skills
• Release anxieties
• Practice safe exercise
• Learn in a non-competitive atmosphere
• Improve balance
• Develop healthy sleeping patterns
• Enhance core muscles
• Establish weight control
• Cultivate natural flexibility
• Enhance creativity
• Self discipline
• Improve concentration
• Learn relaxation techniques
• Develop self-expression
• Develop of memory retention
• Strengthen immune system
• Gain knowledge for stress management
• Improve coordination
- Teaching Yoga for Life (Book) gives the foundations of Yoga along with information on anatomy, physiology, kinesiolog, and the science of flexibility. Through this information and the idea of whole-child learning this book goes through effective teaching methods for kids Yoga classes and gives example lesson plans for your Yoga class along with ideas for relaxation, breathing techniques and how to infuse themes into your classes.
- Creative Yoga for Children (Book) this book is used to give additional information on infusing themes into your classes along with more exampe lesson plans based on the age group your will be teaching.
- Create a Yoga Practice for Kids (Book) this book provides additional information on how yoga benefits children, how to sequence your classes appropriately, keep your students attention and teach them how to do Yoga in a fun and safe way. It also helps you build the foundation for your own lesson plan by providing several lesson plans with illustrations for your reference.
- Yoga Therapy for Children with Autism and Special Needs (Book) this book helps you understand working with special groups. This text does not make you a yoga therapist, however, it is used as an additional resource to help you understand how Yoga can help all students by diving into the special groups you may encounter and how their needs may vary.
- Yoga Motion (10 Fun, Easy-to-Learn Yoga Routines for ages 2.5+) (DVD) this DVD is a fantastic resource for a visual of sequences that can be used in your kids Yoga class. It also demonstrates the energy needed when teaching children and is broken up in easy to navigate chapters. Chapters include: Warm-up, Balancing Series, Integration Series, Yoga Flow, Sun Salutations, Core Strengthening, Warrior Series, Restorative Series, Shapes, and Savasana. There is also an additional chapter for parents that you can utilize on how to view this DVD.
- Wai Lana’s Little Yogis Fun Exercise Kit
- Wai Lana’s Little Yogis Daydream Kit
- Wai Lana’s Little Yogis Fun Songs Kit
(These Kits are packed with hours of Healthy, Entertaining Exercises and Activities for Kids, as well as 12 playful, Yoga-themed songs from Wai Lana’s award winning Little Yogis series.)
- Anatomy for Yoga DVD (includes nearly 4 hours of in-depth lectures, demonstrations, and special features on human anatomy, as it relates to Yoga practice.
The focus of the DVD is comparative skeletal anatomy: understanding the underlying skeletal structure of the body, how the shapes and sizes of the bones differ significantly from person to person, and how to use that knowledge in gaining a much deeper understanding of our individual Yoga practices.
You will discover the key concepts of compression, tension, proportion, and orientation, with the help of a wide range of Yoga students. These concepts help us to understand why no two people will ever experience the same Yoga posture in exactly the same way. This light-hearted, yet provocative approach, will challenge many misconceptions about Yoga, while providing the foundation for the development of a truly personal Yoga practice grounded in safety and respect.
Highlights from this DVD include:
- Nearly 4 hours of presentations, comparisons and special features
- Interactive Skeleton feature as an anatomy study aid
- Bonus lecture: differences among real human femur bones
- Q&A: Real Yoga teachers ask Paul common questions about anatomy and Yoga
Anatomy presentation topics include:
- The Eight Major Joints of the Body: an overview using comparative anatomy
- The Shoulder vs. the Spine
- The Importance of Skeletal Proportion
Also Included In Your Course:
- Syllabus (Step-by-Step Instructions)
- Unlimited e-Mail & Phone support: No matter which of our courses you purchase, support is never an issue or an additional cost to you.
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training Written Exam (Parts 1 and 2)
- Kids Yoga Therapy for Special Needs Written Exam
- Information included on creating a three page essay on a topic of Children’s Yoga and Health or your own personal experiences in Yoga and its relation to health.
- Free Exam Grading and Delivery of Your Diploma: Aura does not charge any additional fee to grade your final exams. (Aura Wellness Center’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificates are signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500)
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee (No Re-stocking or Processing Fees)
Benefits of an Aura Wellness Center Yoga Teacher Certification:
- Aura Wellness Center is an accredited school, with 20 years in the Yoga industry.
- Stress Free: Take the course at your own pace and on your schedule.
- Aura Wellness Center offers the most comprehensive full distance learning Yoga Teacher Training Courses in the world.
- Internationally Recognized.
- Join thousands of Yoga Teachers Certified through Aura Wellness Center.
- With our certification, you will be eligible for personal liability insurance.
- Aura stands behind its 30 Day Guarantee with No re-stocking or processing fees.
- Teach as a Professional and Certified Yoga Teacher exceeding the benchmark standard 200 Hours of training. (This is very important when seeking employment or applying for insurance, especially if you open your own training center.)
- Teach Children to Enjoy and enhance themselves in a better, healthier lifestyle.
How Does This All Work?
You will receive all of the course materials shown in the picture, as well as a Syllabus (Step-by-Step Instructions) and exams. These instructions can be adjusted to complete the course at a pace that is comfortable for you.
Your tutor throughout the duration of this course will be Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500. Should you have any questions, there is an experienced Yoga teacher, on staff, who is ready to offer assistance. You are never on your own, if you do not want to be; support is a phone call or email away.
Upon completion of the course and exams, please submit them either by the internet or via regular mail (Further instructions will be provided in your course). Within a few weeks, your exams will be graded, and you will be notified by email.The average student completes this course in only 3 months or less! Shortly after that, your Certificate, with the official Aura Wellness Center logo, signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, on ivory parchment paper will be mailed to you. You will also receive a letter of recommendation on Aura Wellness Center official letterhead (watermarked professional business paper) from Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500. This can be used to present during a job interview or to a present employer.
In summary, you have a complete 250-hour Kids Yoga Teacher Training Program, continuing education materials, and resources that you will refer back to, as you continue your Yoga Teaching Career.
Click here for more details.
For Wellness Centers, Health Clubs, Yoga Schools, and Groups of 2 or more.
Are you and a friend looking to purchase the same course together; or a school, gym, wellness facility, etc. looking to certify multiple (2 or More) teachers? Please contact us about volume discounts on orders of the same course.
Adult Courses Upgrades:
*The Kids Yoga Teacher Training Camp-in-a-Box – Level 1 cannot be used to fulfill the prerequisite for adult upgrade courses.
Although this course is highly comprehensive, addressing the majority of children’s needs in Yoga class, it does not provide sufficient adult training to meet the prerequisite for other adult upgrade courses.