Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
Camp-in-a-Box – Level 1 [ONLINE]
is a 250 Hour Online Home Study Course
250 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Breakdown
110 Hours of Yoga Techniques, Training and Practices
30 Hours of Teaching Methodology
30 Hours of Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology
45 Hours of Yoga Philosophy, Ethics, Lifestyle
10 Hours of Sanskrit
25 Hours of Practicum
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to take this course.
Within this course, you will receive all the necessary information to teach Vinyasa Yoga, at a Professional Level, as a Certified Vinyasa Yoga Teacher!
This course utilizes an Online Dashboard so that all of your course content is in one easy to access place. Within your dashboard, a Syllabus is provided to guide you through each step of your journey, and timely feedback is provided through automatically graded quizzes.
This state-of-the-art platform allows for you to study at your own pace and from any connected device, virtually anywhere you have connection to the internet, at home or on the go!
Through our online dashboard, you are able access your course information, review your coursework, and complete your assignments. The goal of this course is to instruct you on the proper practice of Vinyasa Yoga, and help you learn to facilitate classes knowledgeably and creatively, while also keeping the safety and security of your students as the top priority. You will develop an understanding of Vinyasa Yoga practices and methodology, as well as understand how to create Lesson Plans and facilitate them.
This course covers 150+ postures with 60 postures covered in-depth. It also comes with 20+ hours of videos, over 1650 photos, and audio clips to help make this course interactive and easy to understand.
You will learn about the asanas, adjustments and modifications, and contraindications. Along with the asanas you will study sequences, such as Surya Namaraka A & B (Sun Salutations A & B), and how to create your own sequences. You will also cover the non-physical side of Yoga through studying Yogic Philosophy, Sanskrit (both audio and visual aids), along with pranayama (ujjayi breathing and ujjayi pranayama), the chakras, drsti, bandhas, mudras, relaxation techniques, meditation, and Yoga teacher ethics. Lastly, you will develop an understanding of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology and helping students with limited range of motion.
As a bonus, you will discover the secrets of Yoga Business Development. Communication, marketing, and networking are skills every Yoga teacher should have.
- Yoga styles and the Roots of Vinyasa Yoga understand the ancient roots of Yoga and how the different Yoga styles came to be. We also discuss the foundations of Vinyasa Yoga and its connection to Internal/External Alignment and form along with discussing the Bandhas and Mudras.
- Yogic Philosophy discover the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Eight Limbs of Yoga, along with The Vedanta and The Bhagavad Gita. We also discuss the concepts of Sankalpa and Karma.
- The Anatomy of Breathing and Pranayama understanding the ancient techniques of Pranayama is essential to your practice. We discuss in-depth the anatomy of the breath and prana as its related to your practice and how to apply it to life. We also dive into Ujjayi Breathing and Ujjayi Pranayama practices in particular.
- Subtle Energy and Inner Form continuing the discussion on Internal/External Alignment, we discuss the importance of fluid movement along with the aspects of subtle form and their connection to the energy channels that run through the body.
- The Chakras deepen your understanding of Yogic Philosophy and Lifestyle by having a firm understanding of the chakras and nadis, and how you can incorporate them into your practice. Learn their energetic associations and how you can heal your body through this ancient practice.
- The Yoga Journey and Teaching Basics here we discuss how your personal practice and teaching your students intertwine. This discussion starts with how to develop your own personal practice which flows into teacher qualities, ethics, student learning styles, and more. From discovering your own teaching style and voice, to the proper way to assist students, to how each student learns differently, you will develop a confidence in yourself and your practice that cannot be missed.
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology in order to understand the asanas true benefits, you must first understand your body and how it differs from others. This section breaks down the bodies systems in a fundamental and easy to understand manner. With more than 150 illustrations, you will be able to quickly understand this topic and its practical application in your Yoga classes.
- Learning the Asanas this is a 9-part lesson that thoroughly covers the asanas, how to practice them, and how to assist and align students as well as provide modifications where needed. It’s important not only to learn the asana names, but how to safely and effectively instruct your students. This section covers 150+ postures and then dives into 60 of the most commonly practiced postures to provide more in-depth information. We provide both the English and Sanskrit names (including both audio and visual aids), information on how to make adjustments/modifications (including video aids for practicing as well as assisting and alignment practices). Information on the keys to alignment, counter poses, benefits, contraindications, and more is also covered.
- Sequencing the focus in this section is to help you become a great Yoga Instructor. Being able to sequence your own classes with ease is an important part of that. We guide you through this process so that it becomes second nature, as well as provide you with about 60 example sequences to reference (both in text and video aids).
- Meditation for Beginners meditation is an important part of your Yoga practice. Learn meditation techniques, its benefits, how to create the proper atmosphere for your students, and how to guide them through a meditation session. Guided Relaxation is also provided with audio clips along with video on additional pranayama techniques.
- Sanskrit learn the language of Yoga, its origins, and their connection to the asanas. Being able to add this to your practice adds addition depth to the classes that you will facilitate.
- [Bonus] Business and Marketing from being able to market yourself as a Professional Yoga Teacher, to creating your own website and opening your own studio, this section teaches you the essentials you need to know, no matter what direction you are looking to take.
Support For This Course
- Unlimited e-Mail & Phone support: No matter which of our courses you purchase, support is never an issue or an additional cost to you.
- Free Exam Grading and Delivery of Your Certificate: Aura does not charge any additional fee to grade your final exams. (Aura Wellness Center’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificates are signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500)
1. The ART OF VINYASA: Awakening Body and Mind through the Practice of Ashtanga Yoga by: Richard Freeman & Mary Taylor
2. MASTERING VINYASA YOGA by Raji Thron
3. The YOGA MIND: 52 Essential Principles of Yoga Philosophy to Deepen your Practice by Rina Jakubowicz
4. Yoga Anatomy – Second Edition By Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews.
* Aura Wellness Center students receive a 30% discount on this title when enrolling in this course.
FIVE Special Bonuses (Valued at $256.84):
AT NO EXTRA CHARGE, you will receive all five of the following bonuses:
1. To round out your business knowledge, the 47 minute video “Yoga Business Secrets” is included. This information is valuable to a Yoga Teacher whether you decide to become a independent contractor or a studio owner.
2. “Yoga Business Secrets,” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, is an e-Book packed with information based upon conversations with hundreds of Yoga teachers. Just one constructive idea from this e-book may earn, or save, your Yoga teaching service thousands of dollars. This book will give you hundreds of ideas to put into practice.
3. Our Yoga business starter manual: “How to Grow Your Own Successful Yoga Business.” This comprehensive resource, valued at $147, contains all the vital information you need to start, run, and grow your own profitable Yoga business.
Most Yoga teacher training camps will teach you what you need to know to become a Certified Yoga Instructor, but won’t say a word about how to operate your own business. Our Yoga business starter manual will reveal all the “behind the scenes” secrets that will put your Yoga practice on the fast track to success.
4. Yoga Marketing 101, a video that gives you enough marketing strategies to earn $50,000 to $100,000 per year. It’s unfortunate that many excellent Yoga Teachers and Yoga Masters don’t know how to market their Yoga studios. Instead of a happy and rewarding Yoga lifestyle, they scratch out an existence. You don’t have to!
5. Lastly, you’ll also receive, “Sure Fire Yoga Marketing Secrets” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, in PDF (e-Book) format. This 60-page e-Book can be used as a work book to help you develop your Yoga teaching practice. Learn how to grow your local enrollment and how to develop niches within your Yoga teacher services.
Benefits of an Aura Wellness Center Yoga Teacher Certification:
- Aura Wellness Center is an accredited school, with 20 years in the Yoga industry.
- Stress Free: Take the course at your own pace and on your schedule.
- Aura Wellness Center offers the most comprehensive full distance learning Yoga Teacher Training Courses in the world.
- Lifetime Access to your Student Dashboard and course materials.
- Internationally Recognized.
- Join thousands of Yoga Teachers Certified through Aura Wellness Center.
- With our certification, you will be eligible for personal liability insurance.
- Teach as a Professional and Certified Yoga Teacher exceeding the benchmark standard 200 Hours of training. (This is very important when seeking employment or applying for insurance, especially if you open your own training center.)
- Business Success skills to run your own yoga business or seek employment in Heath Clubs, Fitness Centers, Senior Centers, Yoga Studios, Private lessons, and much more!
- Enjoy and enhance a better, healthier lifestyle.
How Does This All Work?
When you purchase your course, you will receive a license key that allows you to register on our Student Dashboard at https://my.aurawellnesscenter.com. From there, you will be able to access your syllabus and course curriculum. Your course syllabus provides a breakdown of course objectives and structure as well as information on how to complete assignments which include quizzes, essays related to course topics, a final exam, and a practical exam.
Your lead instructor throughout the duration of this course will be Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500. Should you have any questions, there is an experienced Yoga teacher, on staff, who is ready to offer assistance. You are never on your own, if you do not want to be; support is a phone call or email away.
Upon completion of the course and exams, please submit them online. Within a few weeks, your exams will be graded, and you will be notified by email.
The average student completes this course in only 3 months or less!
Shortly after that, your Certificate, with the official Aura Wellness Center logo, signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, on ivory parchment paper will be mailed to you. You will also receive a letter of recommendation on Aura Wellness Center official letterhead (watermarked professional business paper) from Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500. This can be used to present during a job interview or to a present employer.
In summary, you have a complete 250-hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Program, continuing education materials, dashboard, and resources that you will refer back to, as you continue your Yoga Teaching Career; plus enough business tools to launch a successful Yoga Business.
Flexible Payment Plans Available:
Click here for more details
For Wellness Centers, Health Clubs, Yoga Schools, and Groups of 2 or more.
Are you and a friend looking to purchase the same course together; or a school, gym, wellness facility, etc. looking to certify multiple (2 or More) teachers? Please contact us about volume discounts on orders of the same course.