The Original Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Camp-in-a-Box – Level 1 (Online)
is a 250 Hour Online Home Study Course
250 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Breakdown
110 Hours of Yoga Techniques, Training and Practices
30 Hours of Teaching Methodology
30 Hours of Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology
45 Hours of Yoga Philosophy, Ethics, Lifestyle
10 Hours of Sanskrit
25 Hours of Practicum
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to take this course.
Within this course, you will receive all the necessary information to teach Hatha Yoga, at a Professional Level, as a Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher!
This course utilizes an Online Dashboard so that all of your course content is in one easy to access place. Within your dashboard, a Syllabus is provided to guide you through each step of your jouney, and timley feedback is provded through automatically graded quizzes.
This state-of-the-art platform allows for you to study at your own pace and from any connected device, virtually anywhere you have connection to the internet, at home or on the go!
Through our online dashboard, you are able access your course information, review your coursework, and complete your assignments. The goal of this course is to instruct you on the proper practice of Hatha Yoga, and help you learn to facilitate classes knowledgeably and creatively, while also keeping the safety and security of your students as the top priority. You will develop an understanding of Hatha Yoga practices and methodology, as well as understand how to create Lesson Plans and facilitate them.
This course covers 60 postures in-depth and comes with 14 hours of videos, over 300 photos, and audio clips to help make this course interactive and easy to understand.
You will learn about the asanas, adjustments and modifications, and contraindications. You will also cover the non-physical side of Yoga through studying Yogic Philosophy, Sanskrit (both audio and visual aids), along with the yamas, niyamas, chakras, bandhas, mudras, relaxation techniques, meditation, and Yoga teacher ethics. Additionally, you will develop an understanding of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology and helping students with limited range of motion.
As a bonus, you will discover the secrets of Yoga Business Development. Communication, marketing, and networking are skills every Yoga teacher should have.
- History of Yoga and Hatha Yoga styles understand the roots of Yoga and how the different Yoga styles came to be. Ashtanga/Power Yoga, Vinyasa, Bikram/Hot Yoga, Kundalini, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, and more are discussed.
- Yogic Philosophy discover the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Eight Limbs of Yoga, along with The Vedanta and The Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga Teaching Basics: Teacher Qualities, Ethics, Personal Practice, and Student Learning Styles from discovering your own teaching style and voice, to the proper way to assist students, to how each student learns differently, you will develop a confidence in yourself and your practice that cannot be missed.
- Yoga Teaching Basics: Classroom Environment, Props, and Safety there are many ways to set up your space and create a compassionate and understanding atmosphere in your classes. Here we discuss how to create that atmosphere while keeping the safety of your students in mind.
- The Anatomy of Breathing, Pranayama, and Breathing Techniques understanding the ancient technique of Pranayama is essential to your practice. Not only do you learn 5 different techniques, we also discuss in-depth the anatomy of the breath, creating a well-rounded discussion.
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology in order to understand the asanas true benefits, you must first understand your body and how it differs from others. This section breaks down the bodies systems in a fundamental and easy to understand manner. With more than 130 illustrations, you will be able to quickly understand this topic and its practical application in your Yoga classes.
- Learning the Asanas: Alignment, Adjustments, and Yogic Techniques it’s important not only to learn the asana names, but how to safely and effectively instruct your students. This section covers 60+ postures and explains in-depth the keys to alignment, how to safely practice each asana, Sanskrit names (including both audio and visual aids), how to make adjustments/modifications, counter poses, benefits, contraindications, and more. Additional Yogic techniques like the 6 Bandhas and Mudras are covered as well.
- Meditation for Beginners meditation is an important part of your Yoga practice. Learn meditation techniques, its benefits, how to create the proper atmosphere for your students, and how to guide them through a meditation session.
- The Chakras deepen your understanding of Yogic Philosophy and Lifestyle by having a firm understanding of the chakras and how you can incorporate them into your practice. Learn their energetic associations and how you can heal your body through this ancient practice.
- Sanskrit learn the language of Yoga and their connection to the asanas. Being able to add this to your practice adds addition depth to the classes that you will facilitate.
- Sequencing the focus in this section is to help you become a great Yoga Instructor. Being able to sequence your own classes with ease is an important part of that. We guide you through this process so that it becomes second nature, as well as provide you with multiple example lesson plans to reference.
- [Bonus] Business and Marketing from being able to market yourself as a Professional Yoga Teacher, to creating your own website and opening your own studio, this section teaches you the essentials you need to know, no matter what direction you are looking to take.
Support For This Course
- Unlimited e-Mail & Phone support: No matter which of our courses you purchase, support is never an issue or an additional cost to you.
- Free Exam Grading and Delivery of Your Certificate: Aura does not charge any additional fee to grade your final exams. (Aura Wellness Center’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificates are signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500)
1. Instructing Hatha Yoga: A Guide for Teachers and Students 2nd Edition PDF with Web Resources by: Diane M. Ambrosini.
* Aura Wellness Center students receive a 30% discount on this title when enrolling in this course.
2. Yoga Anatomy – Second Edition By Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews.
* Aura Wellness Center students receive a 30% discount on this title when enrolling in this course.
3. The YOGA MIND: 52 Essential Principles of Yoga Philosophy to Deepen your Practice
by Rina Jakubowicz
FIVE Special Bonuses (Valued at $256.84):
AT NO EXTRA CHARGE, you willl receive all five of the following bonuses:
1. To round out your business knowledge, the 47 minute video “Yoga Business Secrets” is included. This information is valuable to a Yoga Teacher whether you decide to become a independent contractor or a studio owner.
2. “Yoga Business Secrets,” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, is an e-Book packed with information based upon conversations with hundreds of Yoga teachers. Just one constructive idea from this e-book may earn, or save, your Yoga teaching service thousands of dollars. This book will give you hundreds of ideas to put into practice.
3. Our Yoga business starter manual: “How to Grow Your Own Successful Yoga Business.” This comprehensive resource, valued at $147, contains all the vital information you need to start, run, and grow your own profitable Yoga business.
Most Yoga teacher training camps will teach you what you need to know to become a Certified Yoga Instructor, but won’t say a word about how to operate your own business. Our Yoga business starter manual will reveal all the “behind the scenes” secrets that will put your Yoga practice on the fast track to success.
4. Yoga Marketing 101, a video that gives you enough marketing strategies to earn $50,000 to $100,000 per year. It’s unfortunate that many excellent Yoga Teachers and Yoga Masters don’t know how to market their Yoga studios. Instead of a happy and rewarding Yoga lifestyle, they scratch out an existence. You don’t have to!
5. Lastly, you’ll also receive, “Sure Fire Yoga Marketing Secrets” by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, in PDF (e-Book) format. This 60-page e-Book can be used as a work book to help you develop your Yoga teaching practice. Learn how to grow your local enrollment and how to develop niches within your Yoga teacher services.
Benefits of an Aura Wellness Center Yoga Teacher Certification:
- Aura Wellness Center is an accredited school, with 20 years in the Yoga industry.
- Stress Free: Take the course at your own pace and on your schedule.
- Aura Wellness Center offers the most comprehensive full distance learning Yoga Teacher Training Courses in the world.
- Lifetime Access to your Student Dashboard and course materials.
- Internationally Recognized.
- Join thousands of Yoga Teachers Certified through Aura Wellness Center.
- With our certification, you will be eligible for personal liability insurance.
- Teach as a Professional and Certified Yoga Teacher exceeding the benchmark standard 200 Hours of training. (This is very important when seeking employment or applying for insurance, especially if you open your own training center.)
- Business Success skills to run your own yoga business or seek employment in Heath Clubs, Fitness Centers, Senior Centers, Yoga Studios, Private lessons, and much more!
- Enjoy and enhance a better, healthier lifestyle.
How Does This All Work?
When you purchase your course, you will receive a licence key that allows you to register in our Student Dashboard at https://my.aurawellnesscenter.com. From there, you will be able to access your syllabus and course curriculm.
Your lead instructor throughout the duration of this course will be Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500. Should you have any questions, there is an experienced Yoga teacher, on staff, who is ready to offer assistance. You are never on your own, if you do not want to be; support is a phone call or email away.
Upon completion of the course and exams, please submit them online. Within a few weeks, your exams will be graded, and you will be notified by email.
The average student completes this course in only 3 months or less!
Shortly after that, your Certificate, with the official Aura Wellness Center logo, signed by Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, on ivory parchment paper will be mailed to you. You will also receive a letter of recommendation on Aura Wellness Center official letterhead (watermarked professional business paper) from Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500. This can be used to present during a job interview or to a present employer.
In summary, you have a complete 250-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program, continuing education materials, dashboard, and resources that you will refer back to, as you continue your Yoga Teaching Career; plus enough business tools to launch a successful Yoga Business.
Click here for more details
For Wellness Centers, Health Clubs, Yoga Schools, and Groups of 2 or more.
Are you and a friend looking to purchase the same course together; or a school, gym, wellness facility, etc. looking to certify multiple (2 or More) teachers? Please contact us about volume discounts on orders of the same course.
Aura’s Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Camp-in-a-Box is available in the following options: