Benefits of Yoga – Here’s what Yoga practice can do for you:
- Develops strength
- Enhances joint stability & mobility
- Increases circulation
- Improves posture
- Eases back & neck pain
- Improves glandular function
- Boosts immune system response
- Increases stamina & endurance
- Improves digestion & elimination
- Increases lung capacity
- Decreases cholesterol & blood sugar levels
- Encourages weight loss
- Boosts vitality
- Increases longevity
Do Not Take a Yoga class, unless it meets the following five criteria.
There is a lot of confusion surrounding our field. I want to give you five criteria or elements you absolutely, positively, must have in any solution you obtain:
- Knowledgeable and Caring Yoga Teachers. You need to be able to trust your Yoga teacher and avoid abusing your body.
- Make sure your Yoga Teacher is “approachable,” and able to explain modifications.
- You should seek out a certified Yoga teacher, who is staying current on sports medicine, anatomy, kinesiology, and physiology.
- The teacher you select should be able to talk to you in plain English during class time.
- After a class, you should feel good in your body and mind. Many Yoga practitioners have a feeling of euphoria at the end of class.