By Jenny Park
Ironically, quantum physicists are now telling us the same thing that sages have said for thousands of years. We are living in a sea of energy that connects us to everything else in the universe. Ancient healing arts, such as Yoga, Reiki, and qigong, are all methods of harnessing this vital life force and bringing it into the body to promote wellness and healing. In recent years, many medical professionals and scientists have recognized the importance of energy work as a viable complement to traditional therapies, and the knowledge of these practices is no longer a mystery.
How can we use meditative practices to strengthen our energy fields?
• Study the body’s energy field. Understanding the chakras or meridians makes it easier to visualize and sense energy.
• Energy follows thought or intention. Relax and “see” the energy flowing into and traveling throughout your body. Be aware of bodily sensations, such as tingling or warmth. “Trying” too hard slows the process.
• Place your hands in front of you with the palms just a few inches apart. In a meditative state, slowly move them closer together and apart. As you practice, you will begin to feel the magnetic pull between your hands. The physical exercises of qigong and Yoga are effective ways of increasing the body’s energy flow and eliminating blockages.
• Meditate. Some people like to use guided scripts or music, such as binaural beats, to change brain waves and produce altered states of consciousness.
• Practice breathing techniques, such as nine-breath method or double-nostril breathing.
• Take Reiki classes to learn how to channel healing energy. Symbols and attunements make the body more receptive to magnetic fields.
• Join a Yoga class or a meditation group. There is strength and support in numbers.
• Schedule a session with a practitioner who does body work to facilitate the flow of prana (chi).
Meditation is a strong component of any energy practice, regardless of whether it involves sitting quietly in a lotus position or practicing martial arts. The intent of physical exercise, such as Yoga asana or pranayama, is to prepare the body for traditional meditation. Albert Einstein said, “Energy cannot be created or destroyed; it can only be changed from one form to another.” Meditation is the tool through which we connect with and gather energy from the universal source of life.
© Copyright 2012 – Aura Wellness Center – Publications Division
To see our complete selection of online yoga teacher training courses, please click on the courses and products button in the navigation bar in the upper left section of this page.
Please feel free to share our posts with your friends, colleagues, and favorite social media networks.