By Kyla Richard S Coo
Have you been familiar with yoga? Well I have heard from a lot of people that yoga has its own way of making the body function at its optimum state. The health and fitness benefits of yoga have long been reported by experts and via scientific research. But first I’d prefer to give you short details pertaining to yoga. Yoga comes from a Sanskrit word which means “union” taking place between the mind, body and spirit. It originated in India where there is a physical and mental discipline together with meditative practices of Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. Give yoga a try and learn what it can do for your body, your mind, and your soul.
1. STRESS RELIEVER – By engaging in yoga relaxation techniques it decreases the stress hormone medically named as cortisol hence decreases the physical consequences of stress in our body. Aside from this benefits it will also lessen your blood pressure and heart rate, facilitate good digestion, improve the immune system and relief from conditions such as anxiety, depression, fatique, asthma and insomnia.
2. PAIN RELIEVER – Numerous research have proved that by incorporating the yoga positioning and meditation can successfully relieve or lower the pain for individuals with auto-immune diseases, cancer, multiple sclerosis, myocardial infarction, arthritis and other debilitating conditions.
3. Stimulates GOOD BREATHING – One breathing exercises taught by yoga is to take a slower deeper breaths and exhaling it slowly with pursed lip to get rid of the carbon dioxide. Whenever performed appropriately this will help in keeping your good lung function, activating the body’s rest response and raising the amount of oxygen in the body.
4. FOR FLEXIBILITY – One of the testimony of my friend that on her first day of yoga class she cannot touch her toes nevertheless in the long run her ligaments, tendons and muscles lengthen as a result raising body elasticity and making it possible to perform more difficult poses of which she loved much because it thus decrease her aches and pains in the body. In addition, it improve body alignment leading to much better posture, relieving back, neck, joint and muscle problems.
5. STRENGTH Booster – With different yoga positions that use every muscle in the body. It strengthens the body and gives relief from muscular tension. That’s why several football players perform yoga to increase their strength making the game entertaining and satisfying just like the Oakland Raiders Team in which the Raiders Tickets are always sold out.
6. WEIGHT CONTROLLER – The hormone cortisol raises the level of blood sugar which is a compensatory mechanism of our body to stress with yoga it reduces the cortisol levels hence losing excess calories plus reducing stress. Additionally it is an appetite booster.
7. FOR Very good Blood flow – Yoga has different techniques that promotes good blood circulation to thoroughly nourish our body cells with oxygen to make us feel young and fit for our daily routines.
8. CONDITIONS THE Cardio SYSTEM – Besides minimal practice of yoga can offer cardio-vascular benefits by reducing the resting heart rate, increasing strength and increasing uptake during exercise.
9. Assists you to FOCUS ON THE PRESENT – It assists you to become more attentive on your current natural environment and also making a great mind and body for utmost performance. It increases memory, awareness and coordination. As an avid fan of Oakland Raiders team and one of the major purchasers of raiders tickets I make certain to focus my mind while enjoying their game.
10. And finally Helps bring INNER PEACE – I have seen for yoga specialist that there key reason yoga is an important part of their daily life since it lead them to achieve a greater, more spiritual and more gratifying place in their lives.
If I were you, you should consider yoga and experience the numerous healthy benefits we can get from it. Have a great day!